Krista Lopez, with her American boyfriend Blake Ryan, goes from the white sands and blue waters of Boracay Island to the bright lights and majestic skyscrapers of New York City.
From white bikini to red winter coat.
From sun to snow.
It’s important for me to show that NEW YORK ENGAGEMENT is a continuation of Krista and Blake’s romance and I believe the cover delivers completely. It certainly looks like the same girl on the cover. The hat and the way she holds it is an excellent identifier. The fonts, the colors, and the composition are all in sync with my Carpe Diem Chronicles brand.
Like the grotto in Boracay, The Empire State building is easily recognizable as a symbol of New York City. There was never any question that it would be on the cover of any book I write that is set in The Big Apple.
Many thanks to Render Compose for finding Krista once again and for being so easy to work with. This cover was done in only a couple of days – another quick turnaround considering my designer is in Australia and I’m in the USA. Thanks, Lucy.
I hope y’all like the cover of NEW YORK ENGAGEMENT as much as I do and grab a copy for yourself. .
I’ve only just joined, but I’m excited to share these award-winning Texas books and authors with y’all.
The Lone Star Book Blog Tours team has voted, and the results are in! From Best Fiction to Most Engaged Author, we have seventeen awards to hand out to the awesome Texas books and authors featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours in 2017. From February 14-23, 2018, please join us as we hop around the LSBBT blogs and share the winners, runners-up, and shortlisted titles. Don’t miss it!
- 2/14: Awards Announcement
- 2/15: AWARDS: Best Hook & Best Creative Concept
- 2/16: AWARDS: Best Non-Fiction History, Best Biography/Memoir, & Best Western
- 2/17: AWARDS: Best Children’s/Juvenile/YA & Best Series
- 2/18: AWARDS: Best Literary Fiction & Best Religious/Inspirational/Spiritual
- 2/19: AWARDS: Best Mystery/Suspense, Best Romance, & Best Fantasy
- 2/20: AWARDS: Best Cover & Most Engaged Author2/21:
- AWARD: Best Texas Book2/22:
- AWARD: Best Non-Fiction Book2/23:
- AWARD: Best Fiction Book
(Not all blogs posting every day)
A Page Before Bedtime
Books and Broomsticks
Books in the Garden
Carpe Diem Chronicles by Maida Malby
Chapter Break Book Blog
Hall Ways Blog
Momma on the Rocks
The Librarian Talks
The Love of a Bibliophile
The Page Unbound
Reading by Moonlight
Rebecca R. Cahill, Author
Story Schmoozing Book Reviews
Tangled in Text
Texas Book Lover
A review of my 2017 Goals/Plans:
- Rewrite and edit Boracay – Done
- Write New York and Singapore – partially done
- Publish Boracay and New York – Boracay Done
- Set-up a blog – Done
- Set-up a Facebook Author page – Done
- Join Romance Writers of America – Done, plus the San Antonio Romance Authors chapter, too
- Win NaNo again – Not done
- Read 180 books – Read and reviewed 208.
- Spend only $240 on books – Success! Spent only $190.
- Attend a writing conference – Not quite. Attended a one-month editing workshop and four reader events all over Texas.
Based on these results, I consider 2017 to be a successful year.
For 2018, here are my goals/plans:
- Finish writing New York Engagement, have it edited and published. Target date: Saturday, March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day)
- Finish writing Singapore Fling. Publishing target: July 2018.
- Achieve full PAN status at RWA.
- Get Boracay Vows into independent bookstores all over the US.
- Secure local distribution for Boracay Vows in the Philippines. Attempt a movie deal.
- Read and review at least 120 books for Goodreads Reading Challenge:
– 1 craft book on writing/editing/publishing
– 1 male author/non-romance
– 4 historical romance (2 from my Mount TBR, 1 ARC, 1 new/new-to-me)
– 4 contemporary (2 from Mount TBR, 1 ARC, 1 indie author)
Rereads will be after the 10 have been fulfilled.
- Attend a writing conference.
- Spend only $180 on books.
- Register a profit on all books.
So, here’s to 2018. May it be the Best Year Ever.